We reported the other day that a Samsung Galaxy S III Mini may be on its way and over at the German site MobileGeeks they have released not only a pic of the Galaxy S III Mini but also listed the model #, specs and price. The specifications read like something from a pretty low end phone, but it does have some redeeming qualities such as launching with Jelly Bean already installed and coming with 16GB of internal storage as well as a microSD card slot all for €399 which equates to roughly $500AUD.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190
- Display: 4.0 inch Super AMOLED display with 800 × 480 pixels, 16.67 million colors, capacitive touchscreen, multi-touch
- Processor: STE U8420 dual-core 1.0 gigahertz
- Mobile standards: HSPA 900/1900/2100 14.4/5.76, EDGE / GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- Camera: 5 megapixel with auto focus and LED Flash, Resolution 2592 x 1944 pixels / VGA front
- Memory: 1 GB
- Flash memory: 16 GB, MicroSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- OS: Google Android 4.1 “Jelly Bean”
- Connectors: Micro USB port, 3.5mm Kopfhörer-/Headset-Anschluss
- Wireless: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi a / b / g / n 2.4/5GHz, DLNA, NFC (UICC, optional)
- Battery: 1500 mAh
- Dimensions: 121.55 x 62.95 x 9.85 mm
- Housing: Plastic
TheVerge has already reported that JK Shin, head of Samsung Mobile has confirmed that the Galaxy S III Mini will be announced at an event in Germany on October 11th. We will have to wait for that event for the above information and pricing to be confirmed and also about a possible local launch here in Australia but if the large form factor of the Galaxy S III has been holding you back from purchasing then perhaps this could be for you.