Let the games begin, Microsoft has been pretty good about releasing applications for Android, including a Hotmail app, SkyDrive app and more recently their My Xbox Live now they’re expanding their Xbox 360 offerings by releasing their Smart Glass app which offers Android users a whole slew of options for interacting with and controlling their XBox 360 :
- Navigate your Xbox 360 with swipe and tap
- Use your phone’s keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
- Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
- Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
- Search the full Xbox catalog of music, video, and games
- Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
- Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
- Change up your 3D avatar
- Message your Xbox friends
- Edit your Xbox profile
Great to see that Microsoft actually understands a strategy involving multi-platforms. I love Android but I really love my Xbox mainly for media consumption so the ability to control it or purchase content for it from my phone is a brilliant idea and I look forward to checking this out fully.
The app requires Android 4.0 and upwards but even so I did find that my Nexus 7 and all the Tablets I have associated with my Google account were incompatible with the application so it appears that it’s phone only for now. Jump on over to the Google Play Store and grab the app for yourself to check out what it has to offer.