Looks like shipments of the Asus Nexus 7 have resumed, Scott one of our regular podcasters here at Ausdroid has advised that he has just received his shipping notification for his 32GB Nexus 7 which he ordered yesterday from the Google Play Store. His notification confirms that as was the case with previous Nexus 7 shipments it is being shipped from Hong Kong via FedEx and looks set to be delivered in 3-5 business days advertised on the site.

With sales of the Nexus 7 halted for a couple of days to EOL the 8GB Nexus 7 and also adjust the price of the 16GB version the 1 Million tablets a month that was reported earlier may have a slight hiccup this month. Did you order a 16GB or 32GB Nexus 7 or are you waiting for the appearance of the 3G enabled 32GB Nexus 7?

Thanks: Scott.
Davo
Davo

I am waiting for the 3G model. I’ve decided that the smartphone is now history, and it’s time to go for the tablet to do the smart functions and a “dumb phone” that I don’t have to charge every day for calls/text.

Kat
Kat

Any news on when the 32gb will be available in JB/Dick Smith etc? I’d prefer to pick it up in a store.

Greg
Greg

Hopefully they have fixed the ordering/dispatch procedures. I’ve separately ordered three Nexus-7s and all of them were picked up by fedex and delivered to the fedex distribution facility, then half-an-hour later were marked as “missed fedex cutoff” and proceeded to stay in the HK fedex facility for another 24hours before continuing on their way.

lobie81
lobie81

I’m waiting for the 16gb to drop in price in stores locally…

derp
derp
Reply to  lobie81

It already did a few weeks ago. Dick Smith and Harvey Norman have been selling the 16gb for $270 for a while.

lobie81
lobie81
Reply to  derp

$249 now at Bing Lee and Good Guys, apparently.

lobie81
lobie81
Reply to  lobie81

FYI, got my 16gb N7 for $245 at Harvey Norman on the weekend. Ticket price was $298. I told them about the Good Guys price and they came back with $245. Happy as a pig in poo. Great device!

pcoussa
pcoussa

Got me eye on the 32Gb Nexus for sure!!