Not even two hours ago we told you about the Galaxy Duos available from Dick Smith from $199.
Ausdroid tipster MiracleBoi has told us that this isn’t the only new dual-sim addition to the Dick Smith catalogue. In fact, there’s a Galaxy S Duos for sale at tricky dicky as well. This model is $399, and not only does it look a bit nicer – it has similar stylings to the Galaxy S III – but it rocks some more impressive specs as well:
- 4″ screen at 480×800 (223 ppi)
- 4gb storage (up to 32gb via MicroSD)
- 1GHz processor and 768mb RAM (this is a bit on the light side)
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (instead of Jelly Bean, but it’s supposedly upgradeable)
- Of course, Dual-SIM
This last feature is pretty cool. Here’s the low-down straight from the Dick Smith website:
Dual SIM: Your Smartest Selection on the Move
No matter you are handling business or private matters, even if you are commuting between different places, the Dual SIM slot design allows you to communicate with people in a more convenient way. You’ll always stay connected every second on the go.
- With just a tap, incoming calls on SIM 2 can be received while you are talking on SIM 1. From now on, you can keep in touch with the world without interruption.
- The Dual SIM design means you can enjoy the flexibility of choosing the SIM with the most suitable combination of service plans depending on different occasions. Even you are on trip, you are still able to enjoy cheaper local telecommunication rates*.
- Simply tapping onto the screen button, Galaxy S Duos allows you to switch to the appropriate SIM card before making voice call or sending message.
I don’t personally have a need for a Dual-SIM device, but I’m sure a good many people do. Now there’s a pretty decent handset to meet your needs too!