Samsung loves their Galaxy line and they’ve just added another one called the Galaxy Grand. Running the latest iteration of the TouchWiz UI which includes all the usual Touchwiz enhancements such as: S Voice, Multi-Window, AllShare Play, Direct Call, Smart Alert, Popup Play and Software, Social and Music Hubs.
The Grand comes with a 5″ screen that sports a very underwhelming resolution of 480×800 pixel, making this screen best suited to someone who needs larger icons. The rest of the specs are decidedly mid-range but the true test will be where the price will be, at a low to mid-range price point on a plan this could be an Ok option for people on a budget.
- 5″ WVGA 800×480
- 1.2GHz Dual-Core CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Storage with microSD Card slot(Up to 64GB)
- 8MP Rear Camera with LED Flash, 2MP Front Facing Camera
- Accelerometer, Light, Digital Compass, Proximity, Gyro Sensor
- WiFi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS w/ Glonass
- Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 2100mAh Li-Ion Battery
- 143.5×76.9×9.6 @ 162grams
Samsung are intending to release this phone in two versions, a Dual SIM(GT-I9082) model will arrive first closely followed by a more ‘normal’ single SIM version (GT-I9080). No word on the pricing or availability in Australia but we will be following up with Samsung to find out.