Want the Android 4.2.2 update on your Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 Wi-Fi/3G or Nexus 10 right now? Well reports are hitting that people in Australia are seeing the update right now after performing a brief workaround.
To force your device to udpate you’ll have to go to Settings > Apps > Scroll across to All > Google Services Framework > Press ‘Force Stop’ then ‘Clear Data’. Once you’ve done this go back to Settings > About Phone > System Updates then hit the ‘Check Now’ button and this should then prompt your device that the update is ready to go.
The Android 4.2.2 update brings with it some fixes as well as some updates, which Android Police have broken down :
- Play Store downloads now show time left to download.
- Long-pressing Wi-Fi and BT now toggles them in the notification Quick Settings.
- More secure ADB thanks to the new whitelist.
- BT bug fixes? I’ve seen conflicting reports whether this is fixed – citation needed if anything’s been done to it. Can you spot the right commits?
- Update #1: Play a tone when wireless charging begins (if below 95% battery). Use new low battery and wireless charging sounds on Mako. Here are the new sounds: WirelessChargingStarted.ogg and LowBattery.ogg.
They’ve got the full run down on all the Commits to AOSP over on their article if you’re really in the mood to source out all the updates but for now just update your Nexus devices and enjoy and of course wait for the update to hit the Nexus 4.