The Samsung Unpacked event has kicked off in New York, with JK Shin finally unveiling the much anticipated Samsung Galaxy S 4. The specs are in and they seem pretty cool. Ryan Bidan – Head of Product Marketing Samsung Telecommunications America is currently running through all the different software enhancements that the Galaxy S 4 will contain but hardware wise, here’s what you’re looking at :
- 5-inch Full HD 1920×1080 (441ppi)
- 1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor / 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor – The selection of AP will be differed by markets
- PowerVR SGX 544MP GPU
- 2GB LP-DDR3 RAM
- 16/32/64 with MicroSD Card up to 64GB
- 13MP Rear Camera with 2MP Front Facing Camera
- Dual Camera Support – Choice to record video or still shots on both cameras at the same time
- 100 Still Shots in 4 seconds
- 1080p @ 30FPS Video Recording
- 3G : 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G (LTE Cat 3 100/50Mbps) LTE Enabled for each market including Australia
- Polycarboate body in Black Mist and White Frost colours
- Accelerometer, RGB Light. Compass, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- BT 4 (BLE), Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, GPS/GLONASS, NFC,
- IR PORT witht Samsung Watch-On for Infra-Red Remote Control
- Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 2,600 mAh removable battery
- 136.6×69.8×7.9mm @ 130grams
There appears to be differences in CPU varying on region, we’re looking to get confirmation from Samsung Australia and will update as soon as we know what is destined for Australia.
Edit: Yes the Galaxy S 4 will come with Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), covered in Touchwiz of course.
How’s the Galaxy S 4 looking to you?