Today Google have updated Google+ on both Android and iOS and have added a number of new features.
- New stream design (including comment previews and swiping through photo albums inline)
- Control the volume of posts that you see in your stream from individual circles/communities
- New app setup flow
- Filter search results by best or most recent
- Tell others about a community (by sharing it or sending an invitation)
- Re-share posts to communities
- Share your current location on your profile and control who can see it via G+ settings
Let’s look at the first one on that list – New stream design.
The first thing that I noticed when I fired this up on my Nexus 10 was that the direction the app scrolls is now different. If you have used Google+ on both a phone and a 10 inch tablet you would have noticed that on the phone you scroll up and down, while on the tablet you scroll left and right. This has all changed and both version now scroll up and down.
You will also notice that you can now see comment previews and the app will scroll through some of those comments.
The final change that I have noticed (and mentioned in the change log) is the ability to scroll through photos from within the stream. This will allow you to see what photos are attached to that post without having to open any of the other photos.
The other big change is the ability to control the amount of posts you see in your stream from individual circles or communities. This will give you the ability to make sure you don’t miss any any of the Ausdroid posts while restricting the amount of posts you see from circles or communities that you don’t care as much about.
The one thing that I would still like to see is the ability to be able to control how many posts you see from the “What’s Hot” category.
Be sure to check out the update and add Ausdroid to your Circles to keep up with all of the Ausdroid news.[app]com.google.android.apps.plus[/app]