Facebook have today launched Facebook Home — their replacement launcher for a variety of Android devices (those being: Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II, HTC One, One X, One X+). So if you own one of those device, you can try and go to the Play Store and install it (might not work at the moment, as it’s mainly a US launch). However, if you’re wanting to install it on almost any Android phone, then follow these simple instructions as posted on XDA-Developer forums. Root is not needed, however, if Facebook is preinstalled on your phone and cannot be uninstalled, you’ll indeed need root to uninstall it first.
- Download this .rar containing Facebook and Facebook Home apks
- Extract the .rar and place the two apks anywhere on your device’s internal/external storage
- Uninstall the normal Facebook app if it’s already install on your phone
- Install both the apks you placed onto your device
- Enable Facebook Home through the Facebook app’s settings
- You’re good to go!
With this method there is a chance that Facebook Messenger’s chat-heads feature will no longer work. That’s the price you pay for installing an app not yet tested by Facebook for your particular device.