WordPress is huge. It’s one of (if not the) most popular news and blogging software packages available, and it powers many of the most widely read websites there are. It also powers Ausdroid funnily enough.
WordPress offers mobile apps to enable blogging on the go, but unfortunately the mobile apps haven’t really been very good. I have never used it to post a story, though I’ve used it to edit stories, prepared elsewhere, to get them ready for publication.
However, with this latest update, the WordPress mobile app might become a bit more useful. Check out these new features:
What’s in this version:
It’s the big UI update!
- Action Bar added for easy access to common actions.
- Use the Menu Drawer to quickly navigate to other areas of the app. Just tap the arrow in the Action Bar or swipe to reveal the menu.
- Holo style used throughout the app.
There are new features, too!
- Use the ‘View Site’ feature to view and share content on your site.
- WordPress.com users can now view the web dashboard (wp-admin).
- The WordPress.com Reader now takes advantage of caching for faster loading.
As you can see, the update isn’t just a lick of paint; new features let users view content on their site, gives WordPress.com users access to their dashboards, and for those who use the Reader feature, the content will now load more quickly.