The Samsung Galaxy S4 has been rooted and it couldn’t be simpler, download a .zip file and follow these instructions
- Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
- If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Samsung USB drivers available for your phone.
- Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB.
- If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute “run.bat”. If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute “./run.sh”.
- Approve the ADB connection from your PC on your device.
You’ll need the .zip file you can download here: http://vulnfactory.org/public/motochopper.zip
As always, while the team at Ausdroid are big fans of exploring Android for it’s strengths such as being able to change ROM etc but the advice is to proceed with caution and do lots of reading before you do.
Will you root your Galaxy S4 to use your favorite apps? let us know in the comments below