Samsung has just announced the successor to the Galaxy Tab 2, launching the Galaxy Tab 3. While it is a very quiet launch in comparison to the recent gala launch of the Galaxy S4, Samsung is focusing on the Tab 3 as a tablet that is easy to hold in one-hand with a sleek design and enhanced capabilities, with a thinner bezel than its predecessor. While there have been some slight upgrades to the hardware beneath the 7″ screen, the Galaxy Tab 3 retains the same resolution as the Tab 2(1024×600).
Galaxy Tab 3 Specs :
- 7 inch WSVGA – 1024 x 600 TFT Screen @ 169 PPI
- 1.2 GHz Dual Core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8/16GB Internal Memory with microSD Card Slot up to 64GB
- 3MP Rear Camera with 1.3MP Front Facing Camera
- WiFi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth® 3.0, A-GPS with GLONASS WiFi Channel Bonding, WiFi Direct and USB 2.0
- 3G Version :
- 3G : HSPA＋21 / 5.76 Quad 850/900/1900/2100
- 2G : EDGE/GPRS Quad 850/900/1800/1900
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 111.1 x 188.0 x 9.9mm – 302g(Wi-Fi), 306g (3G)
- 4,000 mAh Li-Ion Battery
The Tab 3 will be released in Wi-Fi and 3G models with the Wi-Fi model becoming available in May and the 3G model following soon after in June. We’ve contacted Samsung Australia with regards to local availability and will let you know of any updates.