CyanogenMod10.1

CyanogenMod – possibly the most popular third party ROM for Android – has made a release candidate of their newest offering available.

CyanogenMod 10.1 is based on Android Jelly Bean 4.2 and is currently said to support just over 40 devices – as you’d expect, this includes mainstream Samsung devices, various Nexus devices, and a handful of devices from other manufacturers.

The full announcement, The road to CyanogenMod 10.1.0, has full details on the phones that are supported. The next major step is a stable build, this is an exciting step forward for CyanogenMod users.

You can download any release of CyanogenMod you need to at their downloads page and find installation instructions on their site.

Are you a CyanogenMod user? Will you use the release candidate, or wait for a stable build? Let us know in the comments!

Source: CyanogenMod.
Thi Nguyen

hi im new to rooting.my s2(gt9100T) is unlocked to australia vodafone. will the rom work.especially internet. coz after flashed my samsung wave(with different rom), everything worked fine except 3g. thnx in advanced.

nitzer71
nitzer71

Using the Nightlies for my Galaxy Note N7000 and it is very stable for me. I tried many stock and custom roms and I ended up with the CyanogenMod 10.1 in combination with the NX kernel. This way it is very smooth and battery usage is just great! πŸ™‚

Peter M

I’ve been using Nightlies my N7 and honestly, generally, find it as stable as the stock was. Occassionaly a nightly build will cause apps to FC now and then but within a day or two it’s fixed.

Just saw it’s an available update, time to update then! πŸ˜€

Paul
Paul

It’s not available for the International variant of the S3 I’m sure.

Conan Thorogood
Conan Thorogood
Reply to  Paul

not and never will be.

Max Luong
Max Luong

Owning Nexus devices means that 95% of the Nightlies are as stable as the stock ROM.

Although I notice that the performance on my wife’s Nexus S is quite slow on the M builds.

I’ll be curious to see if the RC differs from the same.

Greg
Greg
Reply to  Max Luong

I tried it on my Nexus S too, and performance was awful. I think the extra cyanogen features take up enough extra memory that it’s constantly having to restart every so from scratch.

I’ve been really happy with SlimBean to get 4.2 on my Nexus S. Feels much faster than CM on devices with limited memory.