After showing up briefly today on a benchmarking site, HTC Has just officially announced the Desire 600 for Russia, Ukraine and the Middle-East. The phone specs list options for other markets so this initial release could expand shortly.
At the launch of the device, Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation said
People rely on their smartphones every day to be their news channel, email inbox, social network and music player. The HTC Desire 600 dual sim combines speed and easy multitasking with the truly innovative HTC BlinkFeed home screen. The result is an affordable mid-range phone that sets the standard for its class, keeping the busiest user up-to-date at a glance and offering them the power and range of features to switch between work and play.
The Desire 600, which seems to be a revival of the Desire branding made popular back when HTC built the Nexus One, appears to be a fairly mid-level specced device. Mid-level specs have not stopped HTC from including the BlinkFeed and BoomSound features that were released on the flagship HTC One.
HTC Desire 600 Specs :
- 4.5″ qHD 960×540 resolution SLCD2 Display
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm® Snapdragon S4 CPU
- 1GB DDR2 RAM
- 8 GB on-board Storage
- GPS/AGPS+GLONASS for Russia and EU – GPS/AGPS for CU and Asia
- NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wifi 802.11 b/g/n, Miracast, Infrared Remote Control, DLNA
- 8MP Rear camera with BSI sensor and Dedicated HTC ImageChip
- 1.6MP Front facing camera with BSI sensor
- Dual microSIM – 3G/3.5G – UMTS/HSPA:900/2100 MHz with HSDPA up to 7.2 Mbps
- Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers with HTC BoomSoundand Beats Audio
- Android™ Jelly Bean with HTC Sense
- 1860 mAh Li-Polymer Battery
- Talk Time : Up to 11.4 hours for GSM
- Standby time : Up to 539 hours for GSM
The phone will be available with mobile operators and major retailers in Russia, Ukraine and MEA from early June 2013. The Desire 600 is now on the HTC Website showing in both Black and Silver, however it has not appeared on the Australian HTC website. We have asked HTC Australia for comment on local availability and will advise as soon as they reply.