LG today announced the Optimus F5, a mid-range LTE-enabled smartphone, is now available on the Optus 4G network. The F5 is running Android 4.1.2 and features a 4.3-inch qHD IPS display, a Dual Core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, 2 cameras (5MP rear, 1.3MP front),1GB RAM, 8GB on-board storage and micro SD card slot (up to 32GB). LG introduced a few handy software features earlier this year on their Flagship device, the Optimus G, and they make an appearance on the F5 as well, including:
- QuickMemo: Lets users capture and share handwritten notes on the screen of the phone using just their finger.
- QSlide: Lets users open up to three apps at the same time on the one screen with the ability to change the size, position and transparency of the opened apps.
- Live Zooming: Lets users zoom in on videos whilst they are playing, so they can get a closer, more detailed look at any specific area.
- Video Wiz: An application that lets users play movie director by giving them the power to edit videos on the phone and enhance them with sound and music.
- QuickTranslator function: Translates not only words but entire sentences and phrases by simply using the camera to scan the text. QuickTranslator accepts 44 different languages and can translate them into any one of 64 languages.
Two of our team went hands on with LG this morning at a special press briefing in Sydney, and the Optimus F5 looks like a great mid-range device. We’ve got a review unit, and there’ll be the usual Ausdroid review treatment coming along soon. We’re very excited to see LG smash through the mid-range smartphone market.
The Optimus F5 is available through Optus and Virgin Mobile. Optus are offering the device for $0 upfront on the $35 Optus Plan over 24 months, or for $299 for prepaid. Virgin Mobile have the phone for $0 on their $29 Big Plan, which includes $20 credit, 250MB data and Unlimited mobile calls & text Virgin to Virgin within Australia.
What do you think of the LG Optimus F5? Will you be picking one up? Let us know in the comments!