It seems one of the first ever 4G or LTE enabled phones available in Australia – the Samsung Galaxy S2 4G – has now gained a new lease on life becoming available through Dick Smith as a Telstra pre-paid phone.
The Telstra branded Samsung Galaxy S2 4G is being sold for $349 on the Dick Smith website, as well as in-store. The device has the same specs you’ve come to know and love In case you have forgotten the specs of the device, here they are again for you:
- 4.5″ 800×480 resolution Super AMOLED Plus Screen
- 1.5GHz Dual Core Processor
- 8MP Rear Facing camera – VGA front facing
- Dual band WiFi 802.11b/g/n
- Android 2.3(Gingerbread) – (Ice Cream Sandwich update has been approved by Telstra and pushed out)
The Galaxy S2 was a massively successful device for Samsung and the 4G version, although a little slow on updates through Telstra compared to its 3G sibling, is still quite a decent phone. You can order online or your local Dick Smith store.
Would you still consider buying The Samsung Galaxy S2 4G?