Google Developers
It’s updates galore for the current line of Nexus devices. In the last couple of days we’ve seen OTA updates begin flowing for the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 and http://ausdroid.net/2013/08/22/rumour-security-update-jwr66y-heading-for-the-nexus-10/. Now, overnight another update has begun pushing out to the Nexus 7 (2013) so to keep everyone happy and up to date, Google has released factory images for the entire range of current Nexus devices.

The Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7(WiFi and HSPA) and Nexus 10 factory images have all been updated, moving from Build JWR66V to JWR66Y. The Nexus 7 (2013) build has updated from JSS15J to JSS15Q to address previously reported issues with Multi-Touch and GPS Locking.

There should be OTA updates being captured soon, and we hope to bring you those, but until then if you’re absolutely desperate you can flash the factory images.

Source: Google Developers.
Nick
Nick

I updated my Nexus 7 2013 from from JSS15J to JSS15Q using factory image. I was waiting for OTA uodate but then used instructions on XDA Dev and did it myself for the first time. No Issues…Happy to have latest and greatest. Wish google adds some official instructions.

Nick
Nick

Nick
Nick

Dennis Bareis

Is this why the 4.3 update notification (which I’ve been ignoring) on my Nexus 4 has disappeared?

I’m still on 4.2.2 and there is no update available… I was about to upgrade 🙁

I’ll try again tomorrow.

Dennis Bareis

I’m still on 4.2.2 and there is no update available… I was about to upgrade 🙁

I’ll try again tomorrow.

deanomalino
deanomalino

Was the Bluetooth keyboard connectivity fixed?

deanomalino
deanomalino

Was the Bluetooth keyboard connectivity fixed?

kungfutigerr
kungfutigerr

Damn I love having a Nexus phone. Updated to JWR66Y this morning, and updated recently are Google Keep, Google+, Google Translate, Google Search, YouTube, Maps, Hangouts and Chrome Browser.

Speaking of the Google Search update, type or speak a word, let’s use “ennui” as the example, and Search will tell you that it is a noun, Search can speak the word for you, give you many synonyms, displays the Origins of the word, and gives a graphic of “Use over time”.

Impressive stuff.

Reply to  kungfutigerr

Yes but Apple is magic and Siri has attitude even if she is a bitch. well that’s what they will say.

Reply to  kungfutigerr