HTC_One_4.3

It seems that HTC are getting ready to release Android 4.3 for their top-of-the-line smartphone, with developer LlabTooFeR teasing a leaked build earlier today.

The update brings Android 4.3’s new features such as Bluetooth 4.0 LE support, OpenGL ES 3.0 and WiFi scanning for improved location services. HTC are said to have updated some of their own applications, as well as the system fonts and app drawer.

If you have an HTC One with an unlocked boot loader, you can download the new version of the Maximus ROM over at XDA-developers right now.

Source: XDA Developers.
curious
curious

Newbie question will this rom still have blinkfeed,zoe etc and will I still be able to receive OTA updates? any help would be appreciated.

curious
curious

Andrew
Andrew
Reply to  curious

I think once you unlock the bootloader, you can’t get OTA updates any more.

I also don’t know how to roll the software back to stock software where you can get updates from Telstra/Optus/Voda again.

Curious
Curious
Reply to  Andrew

@SujayVilash:disqus @leifalbor:disqus & @0070ed7e49528247a0e26cae388fde32:disqus -thank you for the input 🙂

James Finnigan
Reply to  Andrew

I’m pretty sure you can still get OTA updates if you’ve unlocked the bootloader. If you’re running a custom ROM or have rooted the phone, the update will fail because the /system partition won’t be as it expects. If you have a custom recovery, the update won’t know what to do and will fail.

Sam Cook
Sam Cook
Reply to  curious

This ROM is Sense 5 based; so HTC’s proprietary apps should still be present.

OTA updates are dictated by the bootloader and (stock) recovery. If you’re running a TWRP/CWM recovery OTA updates won’t be available.

Sam Cook
Sam Cook
Reply to  curious

This ROM is Sense 5 based; so HTC’s proprietary apps should still be present.

Sujay Vilash
Sujay Vilash
Reply to  curious

BlinkFeed and Zoe are features of Sense UI. Like Android Revolution HD, Maximus is a Sense based ROM. Therefore, you will not lose BlinkFeed, Zoe or BoomSound for that matter. I would suggest flashing the PureXAudio to complement BoomSound. It is awesome. As for OTA, ARHD had no OTA but LlabTooFeR claims his Maximus will provide OTA. But not too sure if it his OTA or official HTC ones. Hope this helps.

James Finnigan
Reply to  curious

The responses below are correct. You get all the features that HTC put into their ROMs, but since it’s a custom ROM you don’t get OTAs from HTC or your carrier anymore. That said though, I think Maximus includes his own OTA updater for new versions.

Andrew
Andrew

Will this be released officially through telco’s?

James Finnigan
Reply to  Andrew

Probably eventually. But you know how they are…

MrSimtang
MrSimtang
Reply to  James Finnigan

Thanks. I hope it is released, even if 4.3 isn’t a huge change.

Will
Will

I’m about to buy one of these… I assume it’s relatively simple to unlock said boot loader?

James Finnigan
Reply to  Will

It sure is! There are instructions and tools at htcdev.com

Will
Will
Reply to  James Finnigan

Sweet… Coming from a i9100, so trying to relearn everything… How’s the custom ROM situation?

Will
Will
Reply to  James Finnigan

Sam Cook
Sam Cook
Reply to  Will

Depends what you’re after Mike1986 arguably has the best Sense and Google Play edition based ROMs if you’re after a “stock” feel with a few handy tweaks.

IMHO CyanogenMod leads the pack for AOSP based ROMs. I’m using CM10.2 nightlies at the moment; very usable however a couple of minor bugs are present.

Sujay Vilash
Sujay Vilash
Reply to  James Finnigan

G’day mate. How does the Maximus compare to Android Revolution HD ? I am on ARHD at the moment but would like to try Maximus. What will I gain ? What will I lose ? Or are these questions for XDA ?

James Finnigan
Reply to  Sujay Vilash

Sorry, I’m afraid that I can’t really answer that. I’ve not used ARHD before. I was using the MoDaCo Switch ROM before flashing Maximus. I can tell you that Maximus (at least outwardly) doesn’t appear to have anything that Stock Sense doesn’t.