For both devices Sony has:
- re-calibrated the display ever so slightly, to ensure viewing experiences remain bright & bold
- economised power consumption for longer battery life
- streamlined Exchange connection for faster email sync, display and download
For the Xperia Z1 the improvements are:
- tweaked the camera algorithm for even better all round performance
- refined Sony’s Smart Social Camera platform, so Xperia Camera apps run more smoothly (particularly Burst Mode, Superior Auto, AR Effect and Sweep Panorama…)
The Z Ultra gets improved touch screen optimisation for finger gestures, writing and drawing with styluses on top of the enhancements made for better battery life and Exchange connection.
This update is starting to be pushed out today, but the timing will vary from region to region.
Do you have a Xperia Z1 or Z Ultra? How are you enjoying it? Let us know in the comments!