In a very recent Ask Me Anything (AMA) on popular site Reddit, a user going by the name of throwawaynexus5guy has been busy answering questions about the Nexus 5 that he alleges to have spent some time with recently. As proof he uploaded pictures as proof.
He didn’t have time to delve deeply into the device, but here is a summation of his answers poised to him by his fellow Redditors:
- Always on microphone similar to the Moto X
- Improved camera, but not vastly so
- Hangouts has SMS and IMS integrated into the one threaded conversation
- The Nexus 5 updates to Android 4.4.1 when first turned on, but this adds nothing he could see
- There is a new 100GB Google Drive offer with a “complete back-up solution” he advised ‘think icloud but for android’ and it would backup ‘apps data, saved games, settings for each app, etc.’
- The speakers are much improved over the Nexus 4
And then he was gone. Hopefully we won’t have long until we know if throwawaynexus5guy is correct, as there are very stong rumours that Google will announce the device alongside Android 4.4 KitKat today between 8AM and 11AM Pacific Daylight Time(i.e California Time).
|Location||Local time||Time zone||UTC offset|
|San Francisco (U.S.A. – California)||Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 8:00:00 AM||PDT||UTC-7 hours|
|Canberra (Australia – Australian Capital Territory)||Friday, 1 November 2013 at 2:00:00 AM||AEDT||UTC+11 hours|
|Brisbane (Australia – Queensland)||Friday, 1 November 2013 at 1:00:00 AM||AEST||UTC+10 hours|
|Adelaide (Australia – South Australia)||Friday, 1 November 2013 at 1:30:00 AM||ACDT||UTC+10:30 hours|
|Perth (Australia – Western Australia)||Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 11:00:00 PM||AWST||UTC+8 hours|
Here are some further shots of the alleged Nexus 5 from throwawaynexus5guy:
Have you heard any rumours as to when the almost mythical Nexus 5 will be announced? Let us know in the comments!