Popular hospitality hosting company Airbnb has released a new app today that lets you manage your hosting duties from your phone or tablet – without needing a computer at all.
Airbnb helps you with short-term renting of a spare room that you may have to holidaying guests, and has over 350 000 hosts in 34 000 cities, with 1000 new hosts signing up every day. Brian Chesky, co-founder and CEO of Airbnb said:
“Hosts define the Airbnb experience, but they are busy people who are always on the go… our goal is to make hosting as easy as possible through incredible mobile experiences, world-class hospitality initiatives, and new ways for hosts to connect directly with each other.”
The new app allows the host to:
- List your space and manage your listing directly from your phone
- Get acquainted with potential guests before you say yes
- Accept, decline, pre-approve, and send special offers to guests on the go
- Manage your inquiries, respond to messages, and check off your To-Dos from your Host Home
- Visit our Hospitality Standards to learn what guests expect before they arrive
- Update your calendar availability with ease
- Access Groups to connect with your host community
It helps the guest by:
- Discover thousands of places to stay in more than 34,000 cities
- Book one-of-a-kind accommodations and find rooms for rent directly from your Android phone or Tablet
- Search for last-minute accommodations anywhere in the world
- Find long-term sublets in thousands of cities
- Access your itinerary, message your host, and get directions to your listing
- Explore legendary properties, vacation homes, and apartments, and add them to your Wish List to share with your friends
The new app looks very slick, with plenty of information available and high definition photos to help guests decide where to apply to stay. You could spend hours just browsing the app and dreaming. I found a room in a gorgeous tree house resort in Chang Mai, Thailand, for only $50 per night. The app has a description of the area, details of the accommodation and amenities that you can use such as TV, wi-fi internet, parking, breakfast included and more.
Airbnb is available now for free from Google Play.
Have you used Airbnb before? What did you think of it? Let us know in the comments!