Mobicity has just announced that the Motorola Moto G is now available for pre-order from them. They expect it to be available from late November, and have priced it at $299.95 plus delivery (from $9.95) for a black 8GB version. The Moto G will have a variety of colourful back plates available, but Mobicity aren’t stocking any initially.
The Moto G was designed by Motorola to be a low cost yet powerful phone, and is priced in the States at US$ 179/8GB and US$ 199/16GB. It is expected to arrive officially in Australia in January, though no local pricing has been announced.
The specifications for the Moto G are:
- 4.5″ 1280×720 HD 329 ppi display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8/16GB Storage with Two years 50 GB storage free on Google Drive(65GB total)
- 5MP Rear Camera with 1.3MP Front-Facing Camera
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA+ up to 21 Mbps as well as CDMA/EVDO Rev A
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/GLONASS
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- 129.9×65.9 mmx6.0-11.6 mm (curved) @ 143 grams
- Built-in rechargeable 2070 mAh lithium-ion battery
There is no expandable storage nor removeable battery – which is becoming common with phones now – and no 4G. For the price though, the Moto G seems to be a very good phone. If you are keen, Mobicity has it for pre-order here.
Are you looking forward to the Moto G? Let us know in the comments!