Google has announced the winners of their 2013 Players’ Choice Awards, placing a feature listing the winners on Google Play. There were over 1 million votes cast in this the first Annual Players’ Choice Awards and the winners in the six categories were:
- I Can’t Quit You – Most Addictive Games – Winner: Knights and Dragons by Gree
- Old School, Still Cool – Best Franchise Games – Winner: Bejeweled Blitz by EA
- Lights, Camera, Games! – Best Games Based on Movies – Winner: The Hobbit Kingdoms by Kabam
- Quietly Brilliant – Best Apps for Enhancing the Everyday Winner: Duolingo: Learn Languages Free by Duolingo
- At your Service – Best Apps for Booking and Buying – Winner: Movies by Flixster
- I ♥ Google – Best Google Apps – Winner: YouTube
But with all the categories, when voting, you had the option to add your own ‘write-in’ vote – no donkey voting here – and four apps got a mention – Ingress from Niantic Labs and Samurai Siege from Space Ape Games were both nominated as favourite games, while Swiftkey Keyboard from Swiftkey and NewsHog: Google News & Weather from SoLoMob inc got mentions as favourite Apps.
All good Apps and Games, and this should keep you busy trying out new things from Google Play over the Christmas break, check them all out over on Google Play.
Did you vote in the 2013 Players’ Choice Awards? Do you agree with the winners?