Popular keyboard replacement SwiftKey has released a new beta version of their app, which brings the usual swathe of behind-the-scenes fixes, as well as some welcome changes / improvements to the user interface.
New features include gestures to switch emoji tabs, moving the backspace key to prevent accidental deletion of text, and other changes to the layout.
The full changelog is reproduced here:
- Secondary characters on the top letter row modified when number row is enabled
- Redesigned emoji UI including new space and backspace bar, swipe gestures to switch emoji tab and changes to how the layout works under the hood
- Fixed performance issues when switching between tabs
- Emoji now appear larger
- Fixed issue where emoji still predicted even when disabled
- General memory problems fixed
- Fixed issue where Ice theme used extra RAM
- Fixed keyboard freezes
- Fixed issues when syncing
- Fixed problem with Trending Phrases not updating
- Fixed incorrect vibration feedback when scrolling
You can grab the updated version of the SwiftKey beta directly here, or check the source link below for the announcement entry on SwiftKey’s blog.