If you’re a user of Viber, the fairly popular cross-platform VOIP and messaging service, then you’ll probably be fairly happy to see the Android app has been updated to version 4.2 with a host of new and fairly useful features.
In particular, Viber has rolled out the following:
- Block any number or contact from calling you
- Send up to 10 photos at a time, instead of one
- Message or call via Viber directly from your Android contact list (no need to go hunting in the app)
- Customise your notification sounds
- New media gallery within conversation view
Of course, there’s the obligatory “improvements and fixes” as well, which probably means they’ve just knocked a few bugs on the head. The update makes Viber into a much more viable phone replacement, as you can access the main features directly from your contact list, and anyone you don’t want to hear from, you can just block them. Easy.
Check it out on the Play Store today: