If you’re jealously looking on at the iOS users all accessing the new Pebble App Store today, Pebble has just announced that if you’re willing to update to the Developer track on your Android then you too can partake in the App store goodness.
— Pebble Developers (@PebbleDev) February 4, 2014
The steps to updating are pretty simple :
- Head over to the Pebble Devloper site.
- Sign in and go to the latest blog post announcement and download the new App and install it to your Android. (This does require side-loading so make sure you have ticked that setting in Security).
Download the latest firmware for your Pebble :
There’s three different versions depending on your Pebble model or Serial # :
- If your Pebble serial number starts with a Q, download this file.
- If your Pebble serial number starts with a numeral, download this file.
- If you have a Pebble Steel, download this file.
Make sure your Pebble is paired with your phone and then load the PBZ file onto your watch and follow the prompts from there.
Some notes and first impressions – the Beta is SLOOOOOOOW. But they’re working on it and loading this in now gives you an idea on why it’s not quite ready for general release. All the notifications etc seem to still work so it’s all good from here and the App store works as well, remember you only have 8 Apps you can have installed at any one time, but start discovering Apps now.
Let us know what you think of the Pebble 2.0 Beta and any cool Apps for your watch.