Mount up NRL Fans, the NRL has updated their Android offerings in Google Play releasing a whole new lineup of Apps for the 2014 season.
Just ahead of this weekends official start to the 2014 season the NRL has released a new App for each team. The App descriptions state that the 2013 Team Apps will not be updated and users will need to uninstall the 2013 App and install the 2014 version. There’s an App for each team playing within the NRL, as well as one for each state – NSW and QLD – for the State of Origin series which will begin at the end of May.
The list of features appears to be the same for each App :
- Access to the latest Knights News, Videos and Photo Galleries.
- 2014 Telstra Premiership Draw and Fixtures presented in a round or calendar format.
- Ladder for the Telstra Premiership and Holden Cup.
- Full squad list with Player Profiles.
- Push Notifications to keep you updated at all times with breaking news, score alerts and match updates.
- Integrated Twitter feeds from the official team and player accounts.
- Access to all
related sites, including Membership, Merchandise Store, Ticketing, Events Calendar and many more!
Each App weighs in at around 6MB and the Apps are designed for Android Smartphones running Android 2.3 and above and Tablets running Android 4.1 and up. The range of Apps is listed under the NRL Digital Media branded Google Play Developer account, but you can find your team listed below :
- Penrith Panthers
- Canterbury Bankstown
- Wests Tigers
- South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Sydney Roosters
- Parramatta Eels
- New Zealand Warriors
- Canberra Raiders
- St George Illawarra Dragons
- North Queensland Cowboys
- Newcastle Knights
- Brisbane Broncos
- Melbourne Storm
- Cronulla Sharks
- Gold Coast Titans
- Manly Warringah
Finally, if you’re into the NRL Fantasy football league, the NRL has updated this App as well so you can get your 2014 draft up and running ahead of the official start to the season. Of course if you want the official NRL App, you can grab that from Google Play as well.
Which Team are you going for this year?