In their latest catalogue, which began last Wednesday(5th March) Woolworths have begun offering the Samsung Galaxy Trend as an unlocked phone for $199.
The Galaxy Trend, which from all appearances is a rebadged Galaxy Ace 2, was originally announced and released Internationally back in November 2012, although it apparently only began reaching Australian retailers in the last few months. Though classed as entry level, the Galaxy Trend does offer some decent specs:
- 4” TFT capacity touchscreen (480 x 800)
- 1 GHz CPU
- 768 MB RAM
- 4GB on-board storage, expandable to 32GB via microSD card
- 5MP rear facing, VGA front facing
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0
- FM radio, GPS,
- Android 4.0 (Ice-cream Sandwich)
- 1500 mAh battery
- 121.5 x 63.1 x 10.5 mm @ 122 grams
The Samsung Galaxy Trend is available unlocked, so it will in theory work with all three major telco companies here in Australia (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone).
You can purchase the Samsung Galaxy Trend from your local Woolworths supermarket now for $199 until the Tuesday 11 March.