As a major sponsor of the latest season of The Voice, Vodafone has released their apps to coincide with tonights launch of the second season of The Voice. The app which is also available for iOS, is called ‘The Voice Australia HomeCoach‘ and can be downloaded from Google Play.
To access the app, you’ll need to login, or register with Vodafone, all of which you can do from within the app. It comes with a wide variety of features, including a countdown timer which will let you know when the next episode is due.
Feature wise, you can expect :
- The Preview Game: Listen to exclusive clips of the Blind Auditions before they’re on TV and decide who YOU would spin your chair for.
- Play in real time: during the show, make live predictions and earn points if you guess correctly.
- Throughout the season, climb your way to the top of the in-show leaderboard by matching Coaches with Artists, making speedy decisions and predicting who will make it through to each round of the competition.
- Rate live performances with the new ‘rate-o-meter’.
- Connect with Facebook to play alongside your friends – which one of you is the ultimate HomeCoach?
- You could WIN amazing prizes each episode just for playing along. The player on top of the leaderboard at the end of the series will experience the adventure of a lifetime with a trip for two to attend The Voice US in LA.
There’s both Phone and Tablet interfaces, and Vodafone has aimed the app fairly broadly with compatability aimed at devices running Android 2.3.3 and upwards. It appears to be a direct port of the iOS app – or at least completely ignores Holo guidelines – as evidenced by the slideout nav bar being located in the bottom right.
If you’re a fan of The Voice, you can install it now free from Google Play, and get set to join Will.I.Am, Kylie Minogue, Joel Madden and Ricky Martin on Sunday night to see if you’ve got what it takes to pick ‘The Voice’.