Huawei has just held their global launch for their latest flagship phone – the Ascend P7 – at an event in Paris. While we’ll be getting hands-on and a presentation about the phone tomorrow at their Sydney event, we thought you’d like to see a preview of what to expect.
Richard Yu, CEO, Huawei Consumer Business Group launched the phone, where he described the phone as a combination of great design, camera and connectivity.
Today, the launch of Huawei Ascend P7 once again challenges existing industry standards by redefining smartphone design, camera experience, and connectivity, to provide people with an unprecedented mobile experience.
The references are made towards the design, which has been slimmed down to a svelte 6.5mm while still including 4G LTE radios, and including a 13MP Rear camera and 8MP front facing camera.
There are improved camera functions in the software of the P7, which is running Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Huawei’s Emotion UI 2.3. There’s an ‘Ultra Snapshot function’ which will allow you to be ready to take shots in 1.2 seconds, without unlocking the phone by double-clicking the down volume button. They’ve also learned that the famous Ellen group selfie from the Oscars is a thing and have introduced the ‘Groufie’ mode which includes a panorama function for panoramic selfie shooting on the front-facing 8MP camera.
The Ascend P7 is no slouch spec wise, including a Quad-Core CPU that was developed by Huawei :
- 5″ 1080p display covered with protective Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.8GHz Quad-Core Cortex-A9 HiSilicon Krin 910T CPU with Mali 450 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB on-board storage with microSD Card slot up to 32GB
- 13MP Rear camera featuring a Sony BSI sensor and f/2.0 aperture and LED flash, with 8MP Front-Facing camera with BSI sensor and 5-pieces lens
- LTE Radio
- WiFi 802.11 n, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC
- Android 4.4 KitKat with Huawei’s Emotion 2.3
- 139.8 x 68.8 x 6.5mm @ 124grams
- 2,500mAh Li-Po battery
The Ascend P7 is launching globally this month in black, white and pink colours. We will be attending the local launch here in Sydney tomorrow to learn more about the latest Huawei handset and find out local availability.