It seems the cat is out of the bag with respect to the LG G3, although I’m not sure anyone was trying very hard to keep it in. We have seen nearly every possible detail leak. Earlier today we saw it arrive 24 hours early on the Netherlands LG web page. The only thing left that people are speculating about is when it will be available to purchase. Now it seems they may not be waiting very long.
A blog site in Italy has found a photo showing what seems to be a pallet full of LG boxes and on top the implied contents of the boxes. The LG G3 box. The box is very minimal but stylish and matches the styling and design of the back of LG G3.
For those who have missed it the specs leaked for the LG G3 (LG-D855) this morning were:
- 5.5″ Quad HD 2560×1440 display
- Qualcomm ® Snapdragon ™ up to 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB on-board storage with MicroSD (up to 128GB)
- 13MP Rear Camera including Optic image stablizer with Laser Auto Focus and 2.1MP Front-Facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS
- Slimport video-out, and Miracast
- Android 4.2.2, KitKat
- 146.3×74.6×9.1mm @ 151grams
- 3000mAh Battery
Interesting that there was no mention of a previous leak that showed 3GB RAM and 32GB of on-board storage. There is speculation that maybe they are saving that for a premium edition, as that seems to be all the rage amongst manufacturers at the moment. Or maybe just for Australians?
Our next question is, are there any waiting to be sold here in Australian stores? If you have seen one send us a tip here at Ausdroid. Are you interested in this phone?