We’re less than 24 hours from the official launch of the LG G3, but it appears that LG in the Netherlands has decided to not wait to put the details on their latest flagship up on their site. The Dutch site, which is still up at this stage, has leaked renders of the phone in the three release colours: Metallic Black, Silk White and Gold Shine as well as listing the full specs of the phone.
The model headed for the Netherlands, is the LG-D855 and has some slightly different specs to what we’ve seen posted in the lead-up to the launch. The phone is listed with only 2GB of RAM, whereas rumours said 3GB and the phone has only been listed with 16GB of on-board storage, where previous rumours suggested that the phone would come with 32GB. It’s entirely possible that these specs are purely for this regional variant, though the RAM is generally kept the same in each market, it’s entirely possible we could see 32GB versions of the G3 released in some markets.
Full Specs for the LG G3 (LG-D855) from the site :
- 5.5″ Quad HD 2560×1440 display
- Qualcomm ® Snapdragon ™ up to 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB on-board storage with MicroSD (up to 128GB)
- 13MP Rear Camera including Optic image stablizer with Laser Auto Focus and 2.1MP Front-Facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS
- Slimport video-out, and Miracast
- 2G (GSM): 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G (HSDPA): 850/900/1700/1900/2100
- 4G (LTE): 900/1800/2100/2600/850
- Android 4.2.2, KitKat
- 146.3×74.6×9.1mm @ 151grams
- 3000mAh Battery
The most interesting spec, would appear to be the ‘Optic image stablizer with Laser Auto Focus‘ With LASERS!! The exact way this will work will be laid out for us tomorrow morning at the launch.
Render wise, if you haven’t seen enough of the G3, then this is your chance to get some un-watermarked clear pics of the phone :
There’s not too much more to say at this point, except we’ll see you at 3am AEST tomorrow morning for the launch and hopefully to get some info on when the phone will hit our shores.