Android L is available for a few devices but for everyone that is not able to flash the developer preview build, you can get now get some of Google’s latest OS on your device using Nova Launcher..
Nova Launcher, one of the most widely-used third party launchers on Android, received a beta update today and it brings a few Android L features with it. New options for the Android L folder preview and app drawer icon are available, plus a new Android L app animation, which will slide apps up from the bottom of the display, just like on the preview build of the actual OS.
Here’s the full description on the changes:
- “L” Folder Preview (Nova Settings – Folder – Folder Preview – Line)
- “L” App Drawer Icon (Long-press app drawer – Edit – Tap Icon – All white icon under “Built-in”)
- “L” App Animation (Nova Settings – Look and Feel – App Animation – Slide Up)
- Minor tuning for running on Android L Dev Preview
- Optimizations and bug fixes
To download the beta, you will need to be opted in through Google+ and Google Play, and you should then see the update appear soon. If you can’t be bothered waiting like me, you can sideload the Beta app and download the APK file directly here. Of course, if you’re the type to be concerned about installing apps from other sources, just grab it through the Play Store.