Optus has this morning opened up pre-orders for the upcoming LG Super-phone – the LG G3. The bonuses are actually pretty good for the phone which is the first on the Australian market to include a 2K 2560 x 1440 resolution display, with Optus and LG throwing in an LG G Pad 8.3 tablet and Wireless Charging dock for pre-orders placed online.
The G3 is of course, LG’s 2014 flagship and it’s a monster. The hardware is top notch, with that massive, high resolution display, 13MP Rear Camera with OIS and Laser Auto-Focus and a 3,000mAh battery. The phone also comes with the new LG UI, which includes a Smart Keyboard, Smart Notice and Smart Security which include Knock-On.
- 5.5″ Quad HD IPS (2560 x 1440, 538ppi)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 801 (up to 2.5GHz Quad-Core)
- 2 DDR3 RAM
- 16 on-board storage with microSD slot (128GB max)
- Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ and Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
- 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21 Mbps (3G)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X), NFC,
SlimPort, A-GPS/Glonass, USB 2.0
- Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold, Moon Violet, Burgundy Red
- Smart Keyboard, Smart Notice, Knock CodeTM, Guest Mode, etc.
- 3,000mAh (removable)
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 146.3×74.6×8.9mm @ 149g
The G3 is available in a choice of colours from Optus – Black or White (unfortunately Gold doesn’t seem to have made it to our shores. There’s a range of Optus My Plans available with the LG G3, starting at just $53 per month, which includes an $18 per month handset repayment. You can of course pay a little more to get some better inclusions with your plans, like the unlimited minutes and SMS on the $65 (including a $5 handset repayment) plan.
The bonus with pre-ordering the LG G3 is of course is the G Pad 8.3 tablet and Wireless Charger. Valued at $399 and $69 respectively, the tablet and dock round out a brilliant package as far as we’re concerned at this stage, Jason found the G Pad 8.3 to be a fantastic device when he reviewed it last year. But, stocks are limited, Optus advise only the first 100 pre-orders will receive a G Pad 8.3 and Wireless Charger. The G Pad 8.3 comes with a decent array of specs :
- 8.3″ full HD IPS display (1920 x 1200 pixels, 273 ppi)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 1.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory with MicroSD up to 64GB
- 5MP Rear Camera, Front-Facing 1.3MP
- Android 4.2.2
- 4,600 mAh Li-Polymer Battery
- 216.8×126.5×8.3 mm @ 338g
The LG G3 is expected to arrive in-store on the 4th of August, we’re hoping to have a review of this brilliant phone before then, but you can read about our first impressions here. If you’re sold, then head over to the Optus website to pre-order now.