Telstra has added a new smartphone to its pre-paid line of devices, with the Huawei Y530 now showing up on the Telstra Pre-Paid website for $129.
The Huawei Y530 isn’t going to wow with top line specs, but for an entry level phone, well, it’s not terrible
The full list of specs include:
- 4.5″ TFT capacitive touchscreen display (480×854)
- 1.2 GHz Dual-core Qualcomm MSM8210 Snapdragon 200 with Adreno 320 GPU
- 512MB RAM
- 4 GB storage, expandable to 32 GB via MicroSD Card
- 5 MP rear camera, VGA front facing
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 (LE)
- 2G network – 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G network – 850/1900/2100 MHz
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- 1700 mAh Li-Ion Battery
- 132.5×9.3x67mm @ 145 grams
It is a little sad that the device is coming with only Android 4.3, it’s also not likely that it will see an upgrade past this version, but, we’re happy to be surprised. Also the lack of 4G/LTE connectivity is also a little bit of disappointment given the current push of the major telcos towards 4G services.
That said it still certainly worth consideration if you live in a rural area as the Huawei Y530 has been given the blue tick of approval for rural coverage.
Are you in the market for a cheap device/ Does the Huawei Ascend Y530 fit your needs? We would like to hear your thoughts in the comments below.