Boost has added a new budget smartphone to their pre-paid line of devices with the new Boost Icon Nero, which is available now for $59.
The Boost Icon Nero is made by ZTE, who have made a couple of the previous budget devices like the “Tango” T790 or the Boost “Jump Smart” T760 and the specs are far from fantastic but hey, given the price point Boost are aiming for you still get passable — barely — specs.
The full list of specs include:
- 3.5″ TFT screen display (480 x 320)
- 1.0GHz dual core MT6572M CPU
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB memory with 2GB user space, expandable to 32GB via MicroSD Card
- 2MP Rear camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- 3G UMTS: 850, 2100 MHz
- 2G GSM: 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 1200 mAh Li-ion Battery
It is a little disappointing that the device is running with a 512MB RAM, however again given the price point and market both Boost Mobile and ZTE are aiming for, I guess this is to be expected.