If you’re like me, you’re having a pretty lazy Sunday right about now. Are you looking for something to do, as you flick mindlessly between the cable channels? Look no more.
We’re big fans of beautiful games, and Back to Bed, from Bedtime Digital Games is one such game. Reminding us firmly of Monument Valley, Back to Bed is a 3D puzzle game set in an isometric dream world, where the aim of the game is simply to guide Bob, the player’s character, back to bed. It’s not as simple as it might sound, though; you control Bob’s subconscious (aptly named Subob) and somehow get Bob back into bed.
Why are we featuring this game? Because the graphics look amazing, and the gameplay looks pretty fun too. It’s a one-off purchase of $4.31 AUD, and there’s no ads or in-app purchases to further disrupt the gameplay. Don’t believe that it looks fun? Check out the game trailer below:
The Play Store listing refers to the following features of the game:
- Unique surreal and artistic game universe: A strange but beautiful dream universe that mixes elements from the real world and the world of dreams to create something unique, surreal and sometimes a bit scary.
- Isometric puzzle levels: Navigate detailed 3D puzzles that defy the laws of physics, wherein the player must manipulate the strange environment to create a safe path Bob and avoid the dangers of the puzzle.
- Two characters as one: Play as the embodied subconsciousness, in the form of a small guardian creature, trying to save its own sleepwalking body from dangers of the dream world.
- Picturesque visual style: Discover the feeling of playing in a piece of art set in a digital frame. A visual style inspired by hand-painted techniques, surreal art and impossible shapes.
- Nightmare mode: Unlock a more challenging version of the game, made for those who truly want to test their puzzle solving skills and enjoy thinking many steps ahead, or who are just too stubborn to give up.
- MOGA-support: Enjoy Back to Bed with MOGA controllers.
Check it out and let us know what you think!