HP Chromebox
HP announced their new Chromeboxes would be hitting Australian stores back in July, but it’s taken till now to see them available to purchase. StaticIce has a listing of a variety of models, ranging in price and specifications to suit almost everyone.

The range begins with lower-end Celeron based systems starting at $287.10, and moves all the way up to the high-end of the range with the Intel Core i7 based systems starting at $820. There’s different specs, with differences in RAM, so based on your choice you could pay a little or a lot. The specs on offer include :

HP Chromebox (J6L88PA)

• 4GB RAM
  • 16GB SSD

HP Chromebox (J4R41AA)

• Intel Core i7-4600u
  • 8GB RAM
  • 16GB SSD

If you’re interested in checking out a HP Chromebox, then you can head on over to StaticIce to check out the retailers listed and see which suits your needs.

Source: StaticIce.
  • COMPANIES
  • HP
Matt
Matt

I’ll be happy with a Chrome device when there is a native Steam client for streaming games (no I don’t want crouton).

Beat Odermatt
Beat Odermatt

I just got one in from Amazon. I went to most retailers like Harvey Norman and I was met with a blank expression. I heard that the Asus Chromebox is one of the fastest selling items on Amazon and here in Australia retailers put the head in the sand. I am extremely impressed and happy with my Asus Chromebox as I am up and running with it in less than 10 seconds. No longer waiting and waiting for Windows software to wake up.

jkl
jkl

These should be great for businesses, for workers that can do all their work through a browser. Cheaper upfront and much cheaper to maintain than PC or Mac hardware.

Joey
Joey

What does it do?

GreviousMcG
GreviousMcG
Reply to  Joey

Basically it’s the same as a PC except that you can connect it to the TV rather than a computer monitor and they tend to be cheaper than buying a full size PC.

Chris Rowe