The ultimate ‘Selfie’ phone from HTC, the Desire Eye, looks set to launch imminently, with the phone now showing as available for purchase on the JB Hifi website.
The phone which sports dual 13MP front and rear facing cameras, as well as front facing flash, will sell outright from JB for $799. The phone is available in Coral Red from JB Hifi, but the phone was also launched in Blue. The Desire Eye is also IPX7 certified, meaning it’s dust proof and water resistant up to 1 meter for 30 minutes. Other specs included on the Desire Eye include :
- 5.2″ 1920×1080 resolution display
- 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage with microSD Card slot up to 128GB
- Dual front and rear facing 13MP Rear Camera with dual-LED Flash
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Cat4 4G Compatible
- HTC Boomsound, HTC BlinkFeed, Zoe
- HTC Sense 6.0 based on Android 4.4.4
- 151.7 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm @ 154grams
- 2400 mAh Li-ion battery
The Desire Eye features editing tools, including one-touch editing that includes adding ‘beautification’ effects as you pose. You can also take a selfie using ‘Auto-Selfie’ mode which will let you capture your selfie using your voice or by smiling. With a wide-angle lens on the front-facing camera you should also be able to catch all the people in your shot.
The Desire Eye is showing as available for delivery within 5-9 working days, or available for in-store pickup if ordered by 3PM the same day. We’ll be calling a couple of stores in the morning to check general availability and to see if there’s any stock in stores. We’re looking forward to seeing the HTC Desire Eye in Australia shortly, and if it’s showing up on the JB Hifi site, then you can assume wider availability won’t be too far behind.