Micromax has released their first Android handset powered by the Cyangogen Inc OS overnight, releasing the Micromax Yureka, the first in their YU line of phones.
As we stated the other day, the phone is powered by a 64-bit Snapdragon processor and the specs we released were also spot on. The phone will sell as an Amazon exclusive for ₹8,999 Indian Rupee (approximately AU$175) + Shipping when it goes on-sale on December 19th.
Full Specs for the Yureka include:
- 5.5″ 1280×720 resolution IPS LCD Display
- Qualcomm MSM8939 1.5GHz Snapdragon 615 64-bit processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage (12.5GB accessible) with MicroSD Card slot up to 32GB
- 13MP AF Rear Camera with 5MP Front-Facing Camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS,
- Cyanogen OS 11 (Android 4.4)
- 2,500 mAh Battery
If you’re in India, this is probably the only way you’ll get a Cyanogen powered phone after Micromax successfully gained legal support to ban sales of OnePlus handsets bearing the Cyanogen software or logo in India. Micromax of course signed an exclusive deal with Cyanogen for the Indian Market which subsequently led to quite the public slanging match. Hopefully there is a resolution soon, but until then if you want to experience a phone with official Cyanogen Inc support – the Micromax Yureka it is.
We updated this article to reflect the correct price of the Micromax Yureka.