OzRunways, author of one of the most popular Australian electronic flight bag apps for iOS, has released their long-awaited Android version on Google Play, named RWY by OzRunways.
RWY is approved by CASA under the relevant Civil Aviation Regulations for use as an electronic flight bag in operations, and should be able to handily service the majority of your aviation needs. Currently, RWY offers the following features:
- Flight planning using aerodromes, waypoints and navaids
- Get weather briefings and NOTAMs
- Navigate with the full set of Airservices Australia maps, ERSA, DAPs and AIP
Future improvements are already planned, including:
- Custom waypoints
- Submit flight notifications
- Terrain and airspace warnings
- Fly or taxi geo-referenced charts
Of course, as all pilots should be aware, paper backups of aeronautical charts and documents should be carried at all times when flying with an EFB to guard against potential device failure in-flight.
RWY comes with a free 30-day trial subscription, which can then be renewed on an annual basis. The annual subscriptions are broken down into various categories (VFR, IFR, etc.) so that you don’t have to pay for more than what you need.
If you’re an Android-loving aviator in need of an approved EFB solution, check out RWY on the Play Store.