The LG G3 is still sitting at the top of the pile for one the best smartphones this year. It’s a great handset with some truly class leading hardware and LG has done a pretty great job with the software, now LG has teamed up with retailers around Australia to tempt you into buying a handset in time for Christmas.
The G3 is of course now available in additional colours – Burgundy Red or Moon Violet – as well as the Titan Black, Silk White and Shine Gold colours originally launched. The bonuses seem to mainly focus on free accessories, but why not grab a bargain if they’re on offer.
Hardware wise, the G3 is a killer. It was the first phone released in the mainstream with a 2K (2560×1440) resolution display and it’s a gorgeous display. The phone also has a laser guided 13MP camera, with dual-LED flash and of course it just looks killer.
- 5.5″ Quad HD (2560 X 1440) True HD-IPS Display
- 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon Processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB On-board Storage with microSD Card slot (up to 128 GB)
- 13MP Rear Camera with Dual-LED Flash & Laser Auto-Focus and 2.1MP Front-Facing Camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 (LE), GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- 2G (GSM/EDGE): 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G (HSPA+42Mbps/HSPA+21Mbps): 850/900/2100 MHz
- 4G/LTE: 700/1800/2100/2600 FD, 2300 TD
- 1W Speaker with Boost AMP
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- microUSB v2.0 (SlimPort
- Android 4.4.2
- 146.3×74.6×8.9 mm @ 149 grams
- 3,000mAh Battery
If you’re in the market for a new phone, the G3 is one of the top phones we can recommend, especially if you’re wanting to sign up for a new contract. Check out the deals above and see if anything catches your eye.