If you’re on the lookout for a low-end handset for a family member, then Officeworks and Telstra have a pretty good deal for you. Officeworks are selling the Telstra Tempo, the rebranded ZTE T815, for just $24.50.
The Telstra Tempo falls under the current Telstra promotion, which offers $20 of Google Play credit when you purchase selected handsets. Simply purchase the handset and activate it before the 26th of January and then redeem your voucher. The redemption process is fairly simple, as outlined on the Telstra Support page :
- Follow the prompts on how to activate your SIM in your Telstra Pre-Paid Welcome Guide included together with your new SIM card or visit Telstra.com/activate.
- Once you have activated your SIM, Type *#06# into your new Pre-Paid phone, this will display your phone’s IMEI number on the screen.
- SMS your IMEI number to 810 from your Pre-Paid phone to receive your voucher code.
The Telstra Tempo normally retails for $79, and at that price you don’t expect the earth hardware wise, but it does come with Android 4.4 straight out of the box. At $24.50 with $20 in Google Play credit though, it’s a steal. So, what do you get for your money?
- 4.0″ capacitive touch screen
- Dual core 1.0GHz CPU
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB flash memory with microSD Card slot (up to 32GB)
- 2 Mega pixel camera
- FM Radio, A-GPS and Bluetooth 3
- 3G Only
- Android 4.4
It’s a 3G only handset, and it’s locked to the Telstra network, but hey for effectively $4.50, you probably don’t really need to worry. You can see it now on the Officeworks website but you can only purchase it in-store. Head on over and check it out.
Also available for the same price at Harvey Norman – get on it.