Announced at the Intel Developer forum last September, the Dell Venue 8 7000 was touted as the thinnest in the world and at 6mm thin, it’s hard to argue. The tablet has been released in the US, appearing at US retailer Best Buy, where it’s selling for US$399, but it’s about to appear down-under as soon as this month.
While retail sales haven’t been announced, Dell Australia have advised that the tablet will be on-sale on their Australian website from the 27th of January for $499. The tablet comes in a stylish gunmetal-grey aluminum chassis, with a stereo, front-facing speaker mounted beneath the 8.4″ 2560×1600 resolution OLED infinity edge-to-edge display.
Specs wise, it’s a little different in that it’s powered by an Intel Atom core, but it’s the Intel processor that will provide the backbone for the Intel RealSense Snapshot Depth Camera software which is paired with the 8MP on the rear of the tablet. RealSense Snapshot offers the ability to Re-Focus photos after the shot has been taken, a trick we’ve been seeing a lot more of recently on phones from 2014.
Full specs included on the Venue 8 7000 :
- 8.4″ OLED Display with FHD (2560×1600) resolution with 10-pt capacitive touch
- Intel ® Atom ™ processor Z3580 (up to 2.3GHz Quad Core) with Intel® HD Graphics (Imagination PowerVR G6430)
- 2GB LP DDR3 RAM integrated
- 16GB eMMC with Micro-SD Card Reader
(SD, SDHC, SDXC, supporting up to 512GB)
- 8MP Rear camera with Intel RealSense Snapshot Depth Camera software and 2MP Front-facing camera
- Front-firing stereo speakers and MaxxAudio® by Waves
- Intel 7260 1x1ac 802.11 ac + Bluetooth 4.0
- Android 4.4 (Kit Kat)
- 6×124.4×215.8mm @
The Dell Venue 8 7000 looks stunning. We’re very keen to get a look at the tablet and we’ll definitely be chasing a review model when it hits Australia.
Does this look like your next tablet?