Next time you’re doing your shopping and checking out the Pendo Pads and various other lower end Android tablets and phones, you may find a gem mixed in there – the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Coles is now selling the phone for $729, and they’ve added a sweetener to the deal for people with a Coles Mastercard, you can get 12 months interest free. It’s a limited time promotion, which began on the 28th of January and runs through until the 24th of February. The offer is limited to a small amount of stores in NSW, Victoria, QLD, South Australia and Western Australia – Sorry NT, ACT and TAS.
If you’re unfamiliar with the specs on the Galaxy S5, then here you are:
- Operating system – Android 4.4.2
- Processor – Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 @ 2.5GHz
- RAM – 2GB
- Networks – Quad-band 2G, Quad-band 3G, LTE Cat 4 (150/50mbps)
- SIM – MicroSIM (please don’t use a nanoSIM adaptor)
- Screen – 5.1in Super AMOLED with 1920×1080 resolution (432ppi)
- Camera – 16MP rear (UHD @30fps), 2MP front (1080p)
- Storage – 16/32GB (microSD expandable by up to 128GB)
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi, 3G/4G, USB 3.0, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery – 2800mAh
- Dimensions/weight – 142×72.5×8.1mm/145g
- Ingress protection – IP67 — Dust and water-proof (up to 1 metre for 30 mins)
So if you’re in the market for a Galaxy S5 then you could grab one from Coles, if that’s a thing, but as always if you’re going to use a credit card like the Coles one, we recommend you check out all the fine print first – there’s more info about it on the Coles website.