Well, the question of what’s in the Motorola Box has been answered, with Motorola today announcing the all new Moto E with 4G LTE. There’s a few other hardware additions and updates, and there’s also still a 3G-only model.
The new Moto E comes with a slightly larger 4.5″ display, 0.2 of an inch larger than the first model, though with the same qHD resolution. Motorola has also seen fit to include a front-facing camera this time around, though at VGA resolution those selfies won’t be that great.
Motorola Moto E Specifications:
- 4.5″ qHD 540×960 (245ppi) IPS Display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 and Anti-smudge coating
- 4G LTE: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 410 processor with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 306 with 400 MHz GPU
- 3G:Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 200 processor with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 302 with 400 MHz GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Storage
- 5 MP Rear Camera with f/ 2.2 aperture and VGA Front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with AGPS+GLONASS
- Moto E – Global GSM (XT1505) – Radios:
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- 2390 mAh battery
- Android™ 5.0 Lollipop
- 129.9×66.8×5.2-12.3mm @ 145 grams
Software wise there’s been some improvements too, with some of the higher end functions introduced on the higher end Moto X coming down to the Moto E. The awesome Moto Display which delivers notifications and updates without updating you is now present, and the Moto Migrate option to move all your contacts, photos and videos to your new phones is also now compatible with the Moto E
The All New Moto E Official Hands-on
Personalisation is a key effort with Motorola’s products, and the Moto E is no different. Motorola has introduced a range of new accessories for the Moto E, including Grip Shells and Bands. Bands add colour to your phone with a simple bumper and will be sold in packs of three in different colour combinations: Turquoise, Purple and Raspberry or Red, Yellow and Blue. Grip Shells will
In terms of availability and pricing, Motorola has advised :
Starting today, the new Moto E will begin rolling out in more than 50 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. It will be available unlocked in the U.S. at www.motorola.com for $119.99 (3G) and $149.99 (LTE).
Update, 10.45am Motorola Australia advises:
The Moto E will be available in Australia and New Zealand in the coming months, with pricing and availability to be confirmed closer to the availability date.