Asus has been moving into the phone market for the last couple of years with their Fonepad and more recently Zenfone line of handsets. The most recently announced handsets, the Zenfone 2 is destined to come to Australia according to Asus, but since announcing that, we’ve heard nothing more – enter Expansys, who are ready to ship the Zenfone 2 ZE550ML Dual-SIM version to your doorstep now.
The ZE550ML handset is the lower end model of the Zenfone 2 range, with a high-end version with 32GB/64GB storage and 4GB RAM – model # ZE551ML – coming to market at some stage down the track. You can pre-order the ZE551ML if that’s what you want, but the ZE550ML is currently available and it’s looking pretty good – with an incredible price.
The hardware on the ZE550ML is pretty decent, though it does use an Intel Atom processor – something you don’t normally see in smartphones – but it’s not unheard of. The rest of the specs look great and at $284.99 + delivery it’s super cheap.
- 5.5″ 1280 x 720 pixels (267 ppi) HD IPS+ display
- Quad Core 1.8 GHz Intel Atom Z3560 processor with PowerVR G6430 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16GB on-board Storage with microSD card slot up to 64GB
- 13 MP PixelMaster with Dual LED Flash and 5MP Front-Facing camera
- micro-SIM (Dual-SIM)- Radios:
- SIM 1:
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- 4G: 800/850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100/2600 MHz
- SIM 2:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
The phone has the Dual-SIM support, though the second SIM essentially only supports phone calls. The Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML is now available to ship in three colours: Deep Black, Dandy Red and Pure White – head on over to the Expansys Australia website and check it out.