Optus has added a new smartphone to its pre-paid line up of devices with the Samsung Galaxy J1, its third prepaid smartphone that takes advantage of the company’s newish 700MHz frequency.
The Samsung Galaxy J1 is a low end device but that hasn’t stopped Samsung adding their Ultra Power Saving Mode on the J1 like its brother at Optus, the Galaxy Core Prime. That said, spec wise, its not all too bad but of course the main selling point here is the addition of the 700MHz radios along with the Ultra Power Saving Mode.
The full list of specs include:
- 4.3” WVGA TFT LCD Display (480×800)
- Quad-core 1.2GHz
- 768MB RAM
- 4GB storage on board, expandable to 128GB via microSD
- 5MP rear camera, 2MP front facing
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS
- 1850mAh Battery
- Dimensions (H x W x D x W): 129 x 68.2 x 8.9 mm @122g
- 3G: 850, 900, 2100 MHz
- 4G: 700, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600, 2300 MHz