As announced last week, the ZTE Blade S6 AU edition is now live and available for purchase at JB Hifi, through their stores and online.
The phone comes in at a moderately priced $297 on the JB Hifi website, where it’s listed as in-stock and ready to ship. Stock in-store should be available for same day pick-up, but will most likely vary for a week or so as stocks are shipped out – or in other words, ask your local store.
The phone is a pretty well specced beast of a phone, with a mostly stock version of Android 5.0.2 running on it. Though it will be a stock launcher style experience, there will be some ZTE gesture and motion control support built-in. With no Mi interface that’s found on other ZTE Blade S6 handsets throughout the world, there’s also more room for your apps and multimedia.
The Blade S6 is pretty well priced for the hardware contained within, with a Qualcomm Octa-Core CPU running under the hood, with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage with a microSD Card slot and best of all comes with support for the new Band 28 700MHz 4G network rolling out on Telstra and Optus.
- 5″ HD (1280 x 720) IPS Display
- 1.5/1.0GHz Qualcomm Octa-core CPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB on-board storage(11.6GB user accessible) with microSD Card up to 32GB
- 13MP Sony IMX214 rear camera, 5MP front facing camera
- Bluetooth v4.0, Dual Band (2.4/5.0GHz) Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, GPS
- Dual SIM enabled (nano SIM)
- Network Connectivity:
- 4G: 1800 MHz(Band 3), 2600 MHz(Band 7), 700 MHz(Band 28)
- 3G: 850 MHz, 2100 MHz
- 2G: 900, 1800 MHz
- Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop)
ZTE Australia are shipping us a review unit to take a closer look at, so we should be able to let you know all about the Blade S6 quite soon.