Google’s developer conference I/O 2015 starts in just 14 days, and after releasing their schedule last week have now released an update for their Google I/O Android app in preparation for the commencement of the event.
The Google I/O website works quite well as a web app, with Chrome notifications now letting you receive updates when events changed, were ready to start etc. but over the years, we’ve all come to enjoy a native app, and that’s what Google has delivered.
The Google I/O app has all the features an attendee, whether attending remotely or onsite could want. The app contains the full Google I/O schedule, as well as a map of the Moscone Centre West – and for people attending the event: Pre-event Wi-Fi configuration. The full list of features include:
- Explore the conference agenda, with details on themes, topics and speakers
- Add events to a personalized schedule
- Get reminders before events in “My schedule” start
- Watch the keynote and sessions live stream
- Sync your schedule between all of your devices and the I/O website
- Guide yourself using the vector-based conference map
- Follow public social I/O related conversations on Google+ and Twitter
- See I/O content from previous years in the Video screen
- Use the Widget to check your upcoming events directly from your home screen
As you would expect from Google, there’s a well defined tablet experience in the app as well as a phone layout.
With Google streaming their Keynote and sessions, this is a great tool for any Google or Android fan to have installed on their phone or tablet, so head over to Google Play and install it now.